Wow, what a rejuvenating, encouraging, uplifting, and inspirational weekend! Can you tell that I had a great time?!? I would like to let you guys think this was going to be a funny and entertaining blog, but I’m going to go ahead and put it out there that it probably won’t be! Sorry to disappoint. I am just so blessed to be surrounded by such an amazing group of friends. It’s funny when you think about it that I truly don’t know a lot of these girls that well, but getting together with them is always so comfortable and easy. I believe this just goes to, once again, show the mysterious ways in which God can work. He has definitely connected me to those girls in an amazing way. I am so grateful for these friendships that allow me to feel so loved and valued. I am thankful for the conversations that encourage and challenge me. I am blessed from the laughter that comes so freely and easily around these girls! So, in honor of the FCA crew, here is a 5 + 2 list:
5 things I’m grateful for:
1. Jen and Garth’s beautiful wedding that I got to witness with about 300 other guests. It was such a story of God’s love, grace, and faithfulness and really is encouraging.
2. The ‘Fresh Prince’ performance. Please check out my MySpace page for full footage. If you don’t, you’re truly missing out!
3. Getting to watch Steph and Westmont play (and win!) their basketball game.
4. Going to work out with Bekah…definitely another point on the ‘pros of moving to Orange County’ list!
5. Getting to spend the weekend around Bekah, Steph, Lauren, Raleigh, Becky, Jamie, Danielle, Kristen, Jess, Jamie Friesen (who looked absolutely fantastic and is as funny as ever!) and a whole slew of other incredible people!
Two things I am looking forward to:
1. Getting to spend Christmas Break with my family and friends…both here and in Arizona! It is going to be action-packed and fun-filled!
2. Continuing to eat healthy and exercise regularly in order to be healthier in my life (I am also currently being encouraged by watching The Biggest Loser Finale!)
P.S. Pictures will be added (and appropriately emailed to people involved) when I get my computer up and running….