T minus 36 hours until I have to report back to work. I do believe that winter break, spring break, and summer break are three things that will keep me in education. I was feeling pretty good about work before the break, but have since lost some motivation. I am hoping that when I am greeted with my students’ bright and shining faces, I will once again be reminded why I do what I do.
As I reflect back on this year…and the past few years at that, I get a variety of feelings. It’s kinda bittersweet, if you will. And I think you will. I am satisfied that I stuck out my commitment to Teach for America and made it through those first two years and am having a much better third year. I am touched by so many of my students and what they have accomplished and the perseverence they have shown. I am tormented by a feeling that I have not done enough, but comforted knowing that I have done all that I can.
Life really is such an interesting roller coaster. Sometimes it’s hard to stay ahead of the game! I know that I have a tendency to fill my life up with so many things, much to many others’ dismay, but for the most part I feel good about what I do. I still have nights like tonight where I can just sit and chill and hang out with myself. I make time to read, my house is somewhat clean, I laugh often, and I consider myself generally happy. I hope my friends and family know I will always do what I can to be there for them.
So, here’s to a new year: 2008! I have resolved not to make any resolutions, per say ,this year. Instead I am just trying to live it up! Here is a 5 + 2 to conclude this random blog of mine.
1. I got to spend the last five days with my wonderful friend, Trisha, in town from Michigan.
2. We went to Universal Studios yesterday (despite the rain) and got soaked!
3. I have had this day to sit, relax, read, and do not much of anything.
4. I have not had to work over the last three weeks and have definitely had an EXCELLENT break!
5. I have gotten caught up on many people’s blogs and added them to my blogroll.
And, two things I’m looking forward to:
1. My sister is coming back home in about a week!
2. Bible School starts on Tuesday night 🙂