So today has been a beautiful day! Although this week has been full of many ups and downs, I feel I am ending the week on a much more positive note. My students are absolutely precious. They have been saying things all day that have made me smile (although I am getting slightly aggravated they seem to be missing the main point of silent reading time). Regardless, it’s interesting what a different perspective I have now that I have pretty much accepted the fact I won’t be here next year. It’s looking like all but one of my students will be eligible to “walk the stage” in June (granted, they will all continue to be socially promoted)…which is a huge improvement!! Now, if they can only keep it up for the next 18 weeks! Thanks to a friend’s blog, I’ve also decided to embark on the endeavor of “New Month’s Resolutions” rather than New Year’s…because, really, 366 days is a long time! And, consistency is my main concern in many aspects of my life. So, for this month….my resolutions are to eat healthier, pray fervently for my “Fab Five”, and…I feel there was one more. I can’t think of it now, though, so it must not be that important. So I’ll stick with those for now. Since I made my fourth period participate in a 5 + 2 experience today, I will also do the same here:
Things I am grateful for:
1. That I have gotten to spend the week with my friend Jenn
2. That I saw Sonia, Sha’Rae, Noah, and Sue last night!
3. That I am feeling better about life in general
4. That my sister is also feeling better
5. That my students keep me laughing, entertained, and inspired
Things I am looking forward to:
1. Spending time at the beach this afternoon
2. Having some quality “me” time this weekend to process through some things!