Although I do realize we have nine weeks left living together (granted, four of the weekends I will be out of town, one she will be gone, and two others we have visitors), moving has been on my mind a lot lately. This, of course, is bittersweet. I will miss having the wonderful experience of living with my sister once again– as an adult. What a beautiful time it’s been!
The Top Ten Things I Will Miss:
10. Having largest laundry pile competitions (sometimes taking over half of room’s floor space…and it’s usually clean laundry!)
9. Living in a mutually acceptable pig sty before going on a cleaning binge (Although I don’t believe she’s ever dusted or mopped the floor)
8. Late night TV viewing-and having someone tell me when it’s time for me to go to sleep despite trying to fight it!
7. Her baking: red velvet cupcakes, rasberry bars, blueberry delights, etc.
6. Who doesn’t want to live with a “little gecko”?!
5. “Special Ed” sister moments (i.e. my dress try on, forgetting trash bags, etc.)
4. Girls nights with mom-learning to cook, napping, talking, etc.
3. Constant companion and sounding board of the day’s new ideas and funny experiences (usually student or work related)
2. Constant text message check-ins
1. Getting to come home and scream out, “Sister!”
Things I Can Do Without:
1. Constant tandem parking exchanges
2. Build up of dishes in the sink
3. Memories of the dang rabbits
And, of course there’s always the memories including running out of gas, dying during 24 hour fitness classes, locking keys in respective cars, breathalizer situations, airport deliveries, late night snacks, etc.
I love you sister! It’s been an honor and a delight to share these last 15 months with you! You are AWESOME!!! And I will miss you dearly :’-(
*If any of my faithful readers have the opportunity to live with their sibling again as an adult, I would highly recommend it!*