So Jesus was in the desert longer than we have to wait until we get married. The flood lasted longer. Only biblical references are coming to mind right now, but the point is….there just isn’t that much longer! Needless to say, things have been busy over here. Josiah and I spent the past two months getting to know each other more – becoming more involved in our day-to-day lives and it has been such a blessing. It is so sweet to be so loved and cherised. A tangible example of Christ’s love for us….and His is so much more; kind of mind blowing. Incredibly mind blowing, actually.
Surprisingly, I have not been super introspective or reflective lately. Maybe it’s because there’s so much on my mind, I wouldn’t even know where to begin to process. It’s been five months full of surprises, excitement, joy, blessings, challenges, love and anticipation…to name some of the emotions I’m feeling right now at this moment. I don’t want to get married and fall off the blogging world, so this is my attempt to start forming the habit to get on here and write away. I am aimless right now in this post, and I know that’s apparent. But, I think you like it. Just maybe!
Some things on my mind:
- Kalyb – when’s he going to get here, how’s he going to transition, what’s our family going to look like?
- Books – there are so many I’m attempting to read and have made it part way through and so many that are on my list. There just doesn’t seem to be that much time lately!
- Wedding planning – for those of you coming, don’t worry, it will somehow all come together. As of now, we have a place. I have full intentions of figuring out the details of food, drink, entertainment, decoration, ceremony, etc. I promise.
- Wedding showers – so I love people, and I think this is apparent. But wedding showers kinda stress me out. Talk about all eyes on you. Makes me nervous just thinking about it…but I’m excited about all of the people sharing in this time!
- Travels and visitors – super excited about getting to go to Michigan next week to visit family! Also excited because the weekend after there will be quite a few fun people coming in town to celebrate!
- Moving – when? where? what’s it going to look like? How are we going to do it? will it all fit?
- Trust – Just constantly being brought to a place where I’m being challenged: am I trusting the Lord? How am I living out my faith and living while trusting? So much to depend on Him for these days…all days, really. I’m just more aware of it now that my life will directly impact another’s. Well, two people really. Day in and day out. So glad I can rest assured that He is faithful.
Whew. Gonna stay in tonight and tackle some of those books aforementioned. Maybe process a little.