Even though I am blessed beyond measure, sometimes in the mess of things I can so easily lose sight of that. This week was such a refreshing, renewing, and sweet time. It has been a difficult two and a half months. Interesting that directly correlates with our wedding date and that is by no coincidence.
Marriage is difficult. It is a lot of work – particularly when what we’re fighting against are not, in fact, flesh and blood but against principalities, against authorities, and against the universal lords of this darkness. That has been made abundantly clear over these past few months. I just finished reading ‘This Momentary Marriage’ by Piper. Wow. I love it – I love how passionate he is about emphasizing the TRUTH that marriage is to reflect Christ and the Church. And, whew, what a challenge – and what an invitation for the devil to come in and attempt to steal, kill, and destroy. I have been encouraged and reminded about the importance in my role as a wife to intercede on my husband’s behalf – to be in constant communication with the Lord rather than constantly trying to fix everything. I do a very poor job as a Holy Spirit.
A lot has happened over the past few months – there has been a lot of temptation to retreat and isolate, but I have been blessed with the friendships of many women who seek to point me back to the Truth. There have been a lot of hurt feelings, a lot of unmet expectations, a lot of unknowns. And what a beautiful place that has brought us to – right to the feet of Jesus. I won’t go into all of the details of things outside of our marriage that have happened over the past few months (and directly impact things inside our marriage), but I will request for the prayers of the righteous that are promised to availeth much!
It has been painful. It has been joyful. It has been humbling. It has been encouraging. Just like the relationship between Christ and His Church, His Bride. This week we were clearly reminded of Jesus’ sweetness. Of His desire to be intimately involved, to be the center, to be our all in all. I absolutely adore my husband. I am so thankful to be fighting right beside him. He is strong and passionate, he makes me laugh and he humbles me. He builds me up constantly – I will never again doubt how loved or how beautiful I am in the eyes of our Lord.
So, with all that elusiveness, I will list specific things that the Lord has done this week that have reminded me of how blessed I truly am.
• Hubs went to a Men’s Group Tuesday to be greeted immediately by my ‘work mom’s’ husband who offered to help sponsor him to go on the Men’s Retreat this weekend – something my husband has been desperate for is some deep connection with the Lord and some deep connection with godly men. Excited to see what the Lord is up to right now as the Hubs is away!
• The hubs and I had an incredibly healing and loving conversation on Tuesday night – we are just two sinful people really trying to figure this all out. It’s just lovely!
• Jen and Sam made it home from their honeymoon after some scary health complications with Jen and stayed the week with us – sweet memories of conversations, game nights, and married time together before they head back to Phoenix tomorrow
• Josiah came to work on Thursday to meet my students, per my students desperate requests. They just adored him. When Ruth tried to make fun of me at work the following day, my students got very defensive and quickly asked, ‘what would your husband think of that? I don’t think he’d think it was pretty funny.’ Precious, those kids are. This week, they requested that we practice reading ‘God words’. Wow!
• Thursday night we had our girls’ Bible Study at Casa Camden and it was great. Beforehand, three of us got to speak to a girl at Yogurtland and I must tell you that people will truly know we are disciples by the love we have for each other – let us exemplify this daily! People are drawn to Him through it!
• I am on a team that helped host a Send-off Party for two of our dear friends who are going to be missionaries in Jerusalem. Friday night was an INCREDIBLE time of worship, fellowship, casting vision, and celebration. I had some incredible conversations with some amazing women and left encouraged.
• Today has been a sweet, restful, and relaxing time. I’ve gotten some stuff done around the house, have organized some stuff, have been jamming to Pandora’s ‘Jeremy Camp’ channel and am preparing to host a going away party for Jen and Sam tonight. Bittersweet.
We are on the horizon of a lot of change, and the Lord has made that clear. A lot of people are leaving – four friends to three different countries as missionaries, Jen and Sam back to Phoenix to see what the Lord has in store, etc. I’m just so excited to be a part of all of it, even though it’s bittersweet to watch people go, it’s fun to watch them walk into what the Lord has in store. I never cease to be amazed. Off to treat myself to a nap – as I listen to ‘Hosanna’ – a plea and praise I often recite!
Used to express praise or adoration to God.
A cry of “hosanna.”
A shout of fervent and worshipful praise.