It has been three months. And I must say that the third month has been the sweetest so far, and it just keeps getting sweeter. I have a husband who is in love with Jesus and keeps falling more in love daily. I have a husband who is committed to allowing me to experience His love through him. I have a husband who is diligent, hardworking, and determined to grow. And it has been so sweet.
He has a wife. A wife that adores him, but says the wrong thing sometimes. A wife that desires to build him up and encourage him, but can do a lot of damage with her words. He has a wife who is friendly, outgoing and loving but has a desperate need for alone time. He has a wife who says one thing and then a day later changes her mind. He has a wife who is desperately in need of the Holy Spirit’s transformation and comfort and guidance. And he is so patient with her.
I have said this time and time again, but the truth remains. Marriage has very obviously (and painfully) revealed how desperate I need the Lord to reign in my life. And, I heard a great sermon the other week that reminded me if the Lord isn’t the Lord of the small moments of my life, He is not my Lord. So – those moments that I do something that I wish I could say are ‘so out of character’ – nope, they just reveal my heart. Those things that I say that I claim I didn’t mean, nope, I meant them and it just revealed more stuff I need to deal with. I need the Lord to be the Lord of my LIFE! Not just big decisions or moments where things to be going my way. I need Him in all of those hundreds of thousands of little moments where it can become so easy to forget about Him and then becomes so obvious that I have, indeed, chosen to do things once again out of my own strength rather than depending on Him. Make sense to those wives out there?! Please let me know I am not alone 🙂
It has been a FUN three months! We have been BLESSED beyond measure and it is SO awesome to be sharing life with my best friend – someone who makes me laugh and laughs at me, someone who sees me in my darkest moment and tries his best to convince me that I’m not crazy, someone who is seeking so hard after the Lord and learning so much, someone who is so patient, tender, and loyal. It just warms my heart to think of what a gift the Lord my God has given me in my husband. I just want to treat him like that each and every moment.
• Josiah got a job as a lead cook with an awesome new company and has the opportunity to help them open their first restaurant
• Josiah was blessed with a trip to the Rock’s Men’s Retreat and was encouraged, inspired, and used by the men he was surrounded by
• Josiah had the opportunity to visit Kalyb for a long weekend. And Kalyb has kindly requested that when we finally get to meet in person (DECEMER 27th!!!), I will cover him with penguin hugs
• Karolyn had the chance to drive Maria up to LAX and send her on her way to Israel to share the gospel
• Karolyn is still absolutely loving her job and the people and students that surround her (the fact that there is a week Thanksgiving break and a 3-week Christmas break quickly approaching help that situation)
• We got to spend time with our families this weekend and that was so sweet