I’m shocked at the minimal amounts of pictures that I’ve taken the past few months of my life…but I can promise you, with the arrival of Kalyb in less than 8 hours, there will be a revival!
All that being said, I’d like to documented our Christmas Celebrations thus far!
- Drove up to Oceanside on Saturday the 19th to start the festivities! Josiah spoiled us with dinner and we had our gift exchange with Lynn and Rudy. It was a great time of hanging out with the fam, as usual!
- After church on Sunday, we drove up to Garden Grove to meet up with my mom and Jim. Despite consistent fire alarm shortages, we had a great time of relaxation, a delicious meal, and a great time of opening gifts and stockings (complete with Josiah and Jim’s names as well) then enjoyed chocolate fondue for dessert (a first for my husband!!). A GREAT time!
- My mom, Jim and I drove over to Arizona earlyMonday morning. We hung out and ate dinner with my sister that night and saw her throughout the week which was nice. More gifts given! While in Arizona, I also got to see Lindsay, Desi and MOST of her family!, Lyndsey, Jen and Taylor, and Cindy & Jen & Family (and Josiah drove himself over on Wednesday). Didn’t make as many rounds to people as I wanted nor did I see everyone that I wanted, but it was a valiant attempt with everything else going on!
- Christmas Eve, my Dad, Josiah, and I went to see ‘Little Fockers’ (a decent movie…not great, not horrible) then ate at Carraba’s before attending a candlelight service at 9pm at our standard La Casa de Cristo! We headed home to play games, watch the news and HGTV, and then head to bed.
- We woke up early Christmas morning to celebrate Christmas with my Pops (mark this down as #3) – had a nice time opening gifts and enjoyed breakfast (made by my dad) outside under the warm Arizona sun! So nice! We were on the road by 10am and arrived in Oceanside by 2:30pm (we gained in hour in the drive, don’t worry!)
- We joined all sorts of people over at Lynn & Rudy’s (Jennie, Gma and Gpa Cerullo, Marc & Mona and kids, and Carla). It was an AWESOME time of food, family, fun and fellowship. By about 5pm, we were exhausted and ready for bed. However, we stuck it out and enjoyed time with everyone there – even played some Nab It with 84 year old Grandpa Cerullo and Taboo with 6 year old Giuseppi! Not too shabby! Ten of us spent the night over there which was a sight to be seen!! Josiah and I were on an air mattress in the kitchen!!! We woke up Sunday morning to go to church together and listen to Grandpa Cerullo preach and then went to a family lunch at Garcia’s in Carlsbad afterwards. SO FUN!
We spent yesterday unpacking, organizing, eating, playing games, and relaxing. We were in bed by 9pm in order to wake up at 5am to get Josiah to the airport! He has safely arrived in STL and been united with Kalyb! I’ve checked all weather reports and airport flight status updates and it looks like they are set to arrive on time!! I have less than 8 hours before I’ll be meeting Kalyb for the first time! I’ve had excited butterflies all day!! Now, back to reading ‘Parenting with Love and Logic’ and completing some posters for his arrival 🙂 There are certain to be plenty of pictures to follow this week…
God bless and MERRY CHRISTMAS!! May you be filled with His peace, love, and joy this season!!