Phoenix Phun


Spring Break started last Thursday, March 31st – well that was our last day of school and Lord knows I like to make the most of my time off, so the travel plans started that day at 4pm.  Thankfully the Hubs came and surprised me at work on Thursday and got to enjoy some of the Cesar Chavez celebration going on throughout our campus.  Then, it was off to the airport – thanks to Ruth for a quick drop off!  I landed in Phoenix about 6pm and the one and only Pops picked me up and we headed straight to dinner at True Food to meet up with Linds!  We had a great time reminiscing, talking about the joys of parenthood (ha! – dad said to check back later – I’ve got lots of good plans now, but we’ll see how it all pans out in action), and enjoying each other’s company.  We spent a few hours there then it was back to the office to pick up the extra vehicle (thanks Dad!) and pack home to enjoy some TV time.

Friday, I slept in to a whopping 7:30am and enjoyed a lazy morning eating, reading, and getting ready.  My  memory is already beginning to fade me..but I’m pretty sure I just went in and helped my Dad at the Warehouse and enjoyed lunch at Quizno’s before heading over to Lyndsey’s new place to join her, Monica, Amanda and plenty of little girls (6 under 6 years old) in the pool!  We had a blast swimming, talking, and laughing.  I left Lynds and Grace around 5pm to go pick my dad up from the dealership (his van needed to go to the shop) before we traveled over to Kohl’s to invest in some new jeans for my dad – I coerced him to invest in a Kohl’s credit card and I’m sure it’s a decision he’ll never regret!  Then it was off to Paradise Bakery before checking in for the evening.  I believe I was ready for bed around 8pm, but we forced ourselves to stay up and watched some TV and read some of Michael Crichton’s novel 9 Dragons.  I could have just made up that author’s name (at least the spelling of it) and the title, but it was good nonetheless.

Saturday, I believe I had another morning of sleeping in until 7:30am before heading over to Jen’s apartment in the early afternoon to multi-task – grocery shopping, walking, talking, catching up, picking up dog poop, putting away laundry, etc.  I’ll take her however I can get her!  🙂  We had a great time hanging out for a few hours then it was off to pick up Lindsay who agreed to accompany me on a 1 hour drive to Maricopa to go visit the beloved Harriman family.  We got to walk up to their local park and enjoy watching Madison’s first softball practice before starting the trek back up north.  I had originally intended on being home in enough time to watch the men’s game; however, the Escalade had other plans and the battery decided to die before I began my trek home.  So, we waited for an hour for AAA to come and filled it up with meatballs and conversation!  After a lengthy AAA visit, I was too tired to drive home and decided to crash with Linds and keep her company since her hubs was out of town.  Can’t say we made it up much later than 11, but it was still nice to get some extended time with her! 

Sunday, I was up and at ’em – headed back to dad’s for breakfast and hang out time before I headed to church.  Enjoyed another great service by Pastor Rick and saw Lyndsey, Kevin and Grace for a little while before meeting my dad at the grocery store in order to prepare for that afternoon’s pool party!  We enjoyed a lazy afternoon and had Lyndsey, Kevin, Grace, Ruth, Jen and Sam over for some pool time, women’s basketball, and dinner out on the patio.  It was a GREAT time at my dad’s house – he really needs to take advantage of that backyard more often, it’s just asking for parties!  Once everyone headed out, it was to bed not much longer afterwards!  It was at about this point I decided I might have overstayed my visit because I was really starting to miss my Man!

Monday, I headed over to Lyndsey’s house to give her a massage, attempted to swing by the Sharpe’s to say hello (failed attempt – will have to make earlier efforts next time!), and then had to cancel plans with Jen in order to go help with a revision at a store of my dad’s.  Had a good time with the ladies there organizing cards, chatting, and carrying on.  I also helped myself to some jewelry and Easter preparation – I just don’t know how anybody could work in those stores day in and day out and ever come home with a paycheck!  Then, it was off to the airport!  Pops dropped me off – quick trip – Jamie picked me up – then it was finally home to the Hubs! 


About KarolynK

Hey there! Thanks for checking out my blog! My name is Karolyn (as you probably know) and I live in San Diego with my amazing Husband. I've been teaching Special Education for the bast six years and LOVE it! I am loving life and just trying to figure out if I'm doing what it is that God is wanting me to do....always a process! Thanks for sharing in this journey with me though, I really do appreciate it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s