Likes: soups, chewy candy (skittle, starburst, etc.), LOTS of water
Dislikes: vegetables (I know, I know)
(Taken at 20.5 weeks)
I had this all written up and then it didn’t save when I re-started my computer! So, just a few things to re-cap here on my lunch break:
- Josiah finally felt Kadence kick! Hasn’t felt her since – but I sure do! She’s most active at night. So fun to feel!
- Pants are now fitting with the assistance of rubber bands, hair ties and belly bands – I finally broke down and ordered some Maternity clothes from Old Navy during their sale.
- We bought a mini-van about a month ago – we’d gone with one car for over a year and between Josiah’s new job, Kalyb’s activities, and my craziness, it was about that time. Got a great deal on craigslist and I LOVE it!
- Still feeling great – a little more tired than usual but that could be the 55+ hours I’m working a week…should be interesting as I continue to expand!
- Crazy to think I’m over halfway there and only a month away until my niece joins the world!! YEAH!! Things are good 🙂
I’m into my 19th week now and we had our ultrasound yesterday to figure out just who was occupying residence here in my uterus. And we were THRILLED to find out that she is undeniably a girl (despite well over 60% of friends and family members believing otherwise) :0) Our sonographer was an amazing Christian lady and we couldn’t have been more pleased with the place that we had it done – perhaps we’ll go back when Kaidence J.* Dicken is a little bit older and do another 3D/4D one. (*We don’t know what they ‘J’ stands for yet – the jury’s still out!)
Weight: +2.0 lb.s
Waist: +2 inches
Likes: That I can feel you almost every day! Not super strong yet – but you’re there and moving!
Dislikes: Peeing every 1.2 hours – I believe you’re positioned directly ON my bladder.
We had really been praying for a baby girl even before we got pregnant so we are both thrilled and still in shock over little Kaidence joining our family. Kalyb is warming up to the idea of a sister – and is currently at 10% excitement (according to him). When a friend asked him what he would do if he had a sister, he responsded with, ‘Get spankings.’. The little boy asked why and Kalyb said, ‘because I’m just going to go and slam my door.’ Well, he hasn’t slammed his door or received any spankings, so I think we’re doing okay!
I’m still feeling good and not ‘pregnant’ – although I can notice the belly (most people can’t) and I can feel her moving and I LOVE it! I’m getting more tired but can easily make it through the day, I’m just ready for bed by 9pm. Fine with me!
Here’s a few more photos and that’s all for now! (definitely accepting ideas for ‘J’ girl names – preferrably some sort of Biblical meaning affiliated with it)
Right after we found out!
Kaidence J.’s profile
Just waving hello!
Just kicking Mommy’s uterus.
How I told a privileged few before the ‘gender reveal’ party Sunday and before the Facebook update.
How I’ll tell Facebook tomorrow after the gender reveal and when I post this :0)
Things always look a little better on pinterest – but that’s okay, we’ll keep trying!